My art education started in Europe and continued in the United States. At a very young age I started drawing and painting whenever I could, although that wasn’t always possible in the war and then during the Communist regime. Fortunately my artistic ability opened doors to employment for me once in the United States, where I was free to paint again and pursue more education. While attending Fine Art at Triton College in Illinois, I found a new passion in printmaking. This led to a number of awards.
- FIRST PLACE awards at Downers Grove Arts Festival
- and at Annual Fine Arts Show, North Riverside
- 3rd PLACE award at Yorktown Art Festival
- HONORABLE MENTION at Berwyn Fine Art Show
- COLLECTOR’S AWARD purchased by an art Collector in Oak Brook.
In 1989 when we moved to the beautiful Northwoods I again felt inspired to paint. Instead of portraits and still life I got the courage to paint the wildlife for the first time in my life. I took my own reference photos on our property. But I still loved to do etchings as well.
- Numerous HONORABLE mentions, Manito Annual Art Exhibit
- Numerous WRAA STATE Awards and HONORABLE mentions
- Award for outstanding work at the annual WRAA State Exhibit at UW Madison.
- SOLO Exhibit at New Visions Gallery in Marshfield, Wi. 55 pieces of artwork.
- SOLO Exhibit at Nicolet College, Rhinelander, Wi.
- BEST OF SHOW, awarded by fellow artists, at Nicole College
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE at M&I Bank in Ashland, Wi.
- FIRST, SECOND and THIRD place, at People’s Choice Award Show for Lakeland Art League.
After becoming a member of the Artists Palette, in 1996, I purchased the Condo Unit that the gallery is in.