My art education started in Europe and continued in the United States. At a very young age I started drawing and painting whenever I could, although that wasn’t always possible in the war and then during the Communist regime. Fortunately my artistic ability opened doors to employment for me once in the United States, where I was free to paint again and pursue more education. While attending Fine Art at Triton College in Illinois, I found a new passion in printmaking. This led to a number of awards.
- 1st PLACE at Downers Grove Arts Festival
- 1st AWARD in Annual Fine Arts Show in North Riverside
- 3rd AWARD at Yorktown Art Festival;
- Honorable Mention at Berwyn Fine Art Show; and
- COLLECTOR’S AWARD purchased by an Art Collector in Oak Brook.
In 1989 when I moved to the Beautiful Northwoods I again felt inspired to paint. Instead of portraits and still life, I started painting wildlife for the first time in my life, mostly from photographs that I took myself. But I still love to do etchings. Since I’ve been living in the Northwoods I have received more awards for my etchings.
- Manito Annual Art Exhibit; Honorable mention in ’96,’97,’98’, 2000
- WRAA State Award in ’97, two in ’98,’99,’2000,’01,’02 Honorable Mention in ’01
- Award for outstanding work at the annual State Exhibition at U.W. Madison in ’97’,98,’99
- One Artist show at New Visions Gallery in Marshfield in Dec 2000 to Jan 2001. 55 pieces of art
- One Artist show at Nicolet College, Rhinelander, WI. in 2001
- Best of Show at Nicolet College Apr. ’01. This was awarded by fellow artists
- Award of Execellence at M&I Bank in Ashland,WI in ’98,& 2000
- 1st 2nd 3rd Place at Peoples Choice Show hosted by Lakeland Art League in Woodruff, WI. in ’98, 2000, ’02
- 1st in Oils in ’99 & 2000, 2nd in Pastels in ’99, 1st & 2nd in Etchings in ’99 All at Peoples Choice